Year 4 / 5 / 6 - 2019 - 2020
Class Teacher: Mr Pearce
Welcome to our Osprey webpage
This term our project is 'Evolution'.
PE will be on Fridays. Please ensure your child has their PE kit in school at the beginning of the week and that everything is named.
Please ensure that your child brings a drink of water (not fruit drinks or squash) to school each day. This needs to be in a labelled bottle that we can keep in the classroom which can be accessed during the day. You may also wish to provide a separate drink for lunch time or they can use the same one.
Please ensure all snacks are healthy.
Could you please ensure that school book bags are used to store reading dairies and books. These should be sent to school daily.
Homework (including spellings) is listed below each week
How you can help your child at home:
- Read, Read, Read (at least 5 times a week) and write a comment in your child's reading diary.
- Practise times tables, they are the cornerstone of Maths.
- Visit educational sites that are free (Darwin's gardens, Shrewsbury Museum (on select dates), The Long Mynd)
Osprey - Files to Download
Osprey - Curriculum Items
For the remainder of the Autumn term, Osprey will be focusing on:
- myths and legends, balanced arguments and letter writing in Literacy.
- fractions, fractions, fractions in Maths
- Samurai v European knights in History
- designing, making and evaluating Samurai masks in DT
Osprey - News Items
A Huge Thank You to Hideki (Harry), who came to school to talk to us about life and customs of Japan. It was great to learn all about different beliefs.
We really enjoyed our day showcasing all the skills we have learnt in PE over the least half term. We visited Shrewsbury Town FC and played our games as well as taking part in a stadium tour.
Osprey - Gallery Items
Osprey - Event Items
Monday 2nd December - KS2 reading support workshop. Come and have a look at the sorts of texts your children will be reading this year as well as a chance to discuss SATs papers.
Thursday 19th December - Trip to Theatre Severn to watch the pantomime.
Friday 20th December - Christmas church service
Friday 20th December - End of Autumn half term
Osprey - Useful Websites